What are your rental rates?
Please find our rates here.
How do I get to the Brower Center?
Please visit our Google page.
Do you have a parking lot?
Garage parking is available on an hourly basis at numerous nearby locations. The closest garage is the City of Berkeley’s Oxford Garage, located directly underneath the Brower Center – enter at 2161 Kittredge. For more information on parking downtown, please visit the City of Berkeley’s off-street parking information and view a map of downtown Berkeley here.
Who may I hire to cater my event?
The Brower Center has relationships with a number of Catering & Event Partners. Caterers not on our list are subject to our prior approval and additional fees may apply.
What are your food and beverage policies?
Please download our food service and facility policy information packet here.
What services are offered with my rental?
- Event Planning Services
- From the time of contract to the end of your event, a Brower Center Events Staff member is available to assist with the creation of floor plans and room layouts, Catering Partner recommendations, explanations of our building and food and beverage service policies, and advice on how to make your event as zero-waste and low-impact as possible
- Building Services
- Our facility staff will set up and take down tables and chairs in advance of, and after, your event. We provide a House Manager who will let you into the building, ensure a clean facility upon arrival, and provide modest assistance to you and your guests throughout your event alongside you/your team. They will also monitor the building and lock up upon your departure.
- Audio/Visual Services
- If you need access to our sound, projection, or lighting systems, we require a house technician to set up and tear down AV equipment and, for some rentals, the operation of that equipment throughout the event.
- Marketing Services
What audio/visual equipment and services are available?
Please download our equipment list here. Items are subject to availability and must be reserved in advance. Videography services are available – visit this link to learn more.
What furniture and supplies are included with my rental?
We offer the following sustainably designed equipment and furniture at no additional charge. Items are subject to availability and must be reserved in advance. Please note that the Brower Center does not provide linens.
- (29) 72” rectangular banquet tables
- (3) 72” rectangular tables (standing height)
- (15) 60” round banquet tables
- (5) 32” round cocktail tables (standing height)
- (225) padded chairs
- (2) rolling coat racks
- (2) lecterns
- (2) 8’ x 4’ magnetic dry erase boards
- (2) a-frame flip chart holders/whiteboards
- Projection screens in all event spaces
- Tackboard and whiteboard on walls in Kinzie conference room
How accessible is the David Brower Center?
We strive to be accessible to all audiences. The main floor, which includes our Lobby, Theater, Hazel Wolf Gallery, Kinzie conference room, and public restrooms is fully compliant with ADA regulations. The second floor Tamalpais room and Terrace are accessible by an ADA compliant elevator. We also offer assisted-listening devices that can be set up for events in the Goldman Theater, Kinzie, and Tamalpais rooms.
What is your payment and cancellation policy?
A booking deposit of 50% of the full rental fee is due when a contract is signed. The remaining 50% is due one month prior to the event. In the case of cancellation:
- More than 90 days before the first scheduled date: 100% of the booking deposit is refunded
- 30 to 90 days before the first scheduled date: 100% of the booking deposit is retained
- Less than 30 days before the first scheduled date: 100% of the full rental fee is retained
For questions not addressed here, please contact email@example.com