“If we could take all the obsession with the personal, and personal judgment—and have people be concerned about the environment—what a different world we would live in.”
A home for the environmental movement
By advocating for the beauty, diversity and ecological integrity of our planet and people, we accomplish our mission—through permanent infrastructure and ongoing programs:
- Inform the public about environmental challenges we all face and bold actions we must take to remain a living planet
- Inspire people to recognize their own power and responsibility to act on behalf of the Earth
- Connect individuals and organizations dedicated to social equity and ecological sustainability
We fulfill these commitments via:
- Art and Education—museum-quality exhibitions and public programs covering environmental issues and fostering engaged communities—including youth via our Art/Act: Educate program
- Resident Organizations—20+ nonprofits and social enterprises housed in the Brower Center who provide capacity building and networking opportunities
- a Conference Center—hosting 250+ events annually for nonprofit and private businesses, and strengthening the green event industry by requiring clients to abide by low-waste, green principles
Over 30,000 people participate in our programs each year—as the Brower Center gathers nonprofits, social entrepreneurs, artists, activists, and the general public in creative dialogue and action.
Open to the public. Free gallery admission.
Fridays 10am-2pmThe gallery is occasionally closed for private events. Call in advance if making a special trip to view an exhibition.
Closed most major holidays: Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents’ Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, the week of July 4, Labor Day, Indigenous Peoples’ Day, Thanksgiving and following Friday, and Christmas through New Year’s Day.
Car & Bike Parking
Visitor Bike Storage
If visiting our staff or a Resident Organization, best to inquire if there’s space in the bike cage. Otherwise, the Oxford Garage below us— elevator on Allston—has 3 bike racks, is usually staffed by a live attendant 10am-7pm weekdays, and open 7am-12am (closes midnight).
For guaranteed secure bike storage, enjoy free valet 7am-7pm weekdays at the Bike Station on 2023 Center St, just a few blocks from us.