What are your rental rates?
Please find our rates here.
How do I get to the Brower Center?
Please visit Google Maps here.
Do you have a parking lot?
The Oxford Garage is below our building, and there are other area parking lots nearby. Please note that the Brower Center does not own or operate the Oxford Garage. For more information, please visit the City of Berkeley’s off-street parking information.
Who may I hire to cater my event?
The Brower Center works with a number of pre-approved food and beverage service providers. Vendors not found on this list are subject to our prior approval, and additional fees may apply.
What does a low-impact, zero-waste event look like?
Please download our recommendations here.
What services are offered with the rental?
- Event Planning Services: From the time of contract through the end of your event, a Brower Center Events Staff member is available to assist with the following:
- Creation of floor plans and room layouts
- Catering service provider recommendations
- Explanation of building and food/beverage service policies
- Advice on how to make your event as zero-waste and low-impact as possible
- Building Services: Brower Center facility staff will set up and take down tables and chairs in advance of, and after, your event. We also provide a House Manager to let you into the building, ensure a clean facility before your event, and provide modest assistance to you and your guests throughout your event, alongside you and your team. He or she will monitor the building, and lock up upon your departure.
- Audio-Visual Services: If you need access to our sound, projection, or lighting systems for your event, we require a house technician to set up and tear down AV equipment, and, for some rentals, the operation of equipment throughout the event.
- Marketing Services: For events that are open to the public, the Brower Center offers a listing in the Additional Programs section of our website.
What audio-visual equipment is available?
Please download our equipment list here. Items are subject to availability and must be reserved in advance.
What furniture and supplies are included with the rental?
The Brower Center offers the following sustainably designed equipment and furniture at no additional charge. Items are subject to availability and must be reserved in advance.
- (29) 72” rectangular banquet tables
- (3) 72” rectangular tables (standing height)
- (15) 60” round banquet tables
- (5) 32” round cocktail tables (standing height)
- (225) padded chairs
- (2) rolling coat racks
- (2) lecterns
- (2) 8’ x 4’ magnetic dry erase boards
- (2) a-frame flip chart holders/whiteboards
- (2) portable teleconferencing phones (free local calls)
- Secure wireless Internet access
- Screens in all event spaces
- Tack board and/or whiteboard on walls in conference rooms
Please note that the Brower Center does not provide linens.
How accessible is the David Brower Center?
We strive to be accessible to all audiences. The main floor, which includes our front entry, theater, gallery, Kinzie conference room, and public restrooms, is fully compliant with ADA regulations. The second floor Tamalpais Room and Terrace are accessible by an ADA compliant elevator. We also offer assisted-listening devices that can be set up for events in the Goldman Theater, Kinzie and Tamalpais Rooms.
What is your payment and cancellation policy?
The Brower Center collects a deposit (50% of the full rental fee) at the time that a contract is signed. The remaining 50% is due one month prior to the event. In the case of cancellation:
- More than 90 days before the first scheduled date: the Brower Center will refund 100% of the deposit.
- 30 to 90 days before the first scheduled date: the Brower Center will refund 50% of the deposit.
- Less than 30 days before the first scheduled date: the Brower Center will retain 100% of the deposit.
For other questions, please contact email@example.com.